At Ganim Legal P.C., we acknowledge how difficult it can be to cope with diverse legal matters that may disturb you. These can become even more overwhelming when they are related to health matters. When your general well-being is jeopardized, you need a solid team to have your back.
What if the extent of your injuries is so considerable that they directly affect your overall lifestyle? When someone reaches these extents, chances are they are facing a situation of catastrophic injury. At Ganim Legal P.C. we can offer you numerous services that encompass all your needs when facing catastrophic injuries.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
According to the Title 42 of the United States Code, section 3796b, a catastrophic injury is defined as one that prevents a person from earning a living somehow. This can be either on a short-term basis or a long-term basis. When the severity of the injury is large enough to negatively modify an individual’s overall daily functioning it is deemed catastrophic.
From being unable to speak to losing a limb, catastrophic injuries are characterized by reducing or subtracting altogether someone’s ability to enjoy life, whether it be because of affected abilities in communication, a decrease in cognitive capabilities, or simply a generalized loss of capacity to enjoy life from said injury.
At Ganim Legal P.C. we can help you recover back what belongs to you. Our catastrophic injury services are amongst some of the best. When you hire us, your chances of becoming adequately compensated for your misfortunes augment substantially. Do not fret about any lost wages, bereavement of financial stability, or your newly acquired stack of unpaid hospital bills. Ganim Legal P.C. is behind you to help you sort out your problems.
What Are the Diverse Existing Types of Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries vary in nature, and oftentimes involve complex degrees of severity. Here are some of the most common ones:
Amputations consist of the partial or complete removal of one or more extremities. Amputations are notorious for causing struggles with readaptation after they happen, mostly in daily life and in the workplace.
Brain trauma is associated with numerous unfavorable cognitive setbacks that are characterized—and not limited to—by restricted mobility, cognitive hardships, speech impediments, and so on. People with severe brain trauma generally demand extensive care and supervision, mostly depending on the seriousness of the injury.
Organ damage is known for not only causing direct disruption in the overall workings of the organism, but also because they generally affect other adjacent areas, making recovery processes lengthy, and in some cases, incomplete.
Burns may alter the countenance of the person, resulting in a negative outlook on personal image, thus affecting self-esteem. Also, they generally bring other problems, like infections, pain, and other contretemps.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries go hand in hand with paralysis. They tend to affect the body partially for the most part. However, in the gravest of cases, they affect the body completely, rendering the afflicted individual dependent on third parties to manage their course of life.
What Are the Differences Between Catastrophic Injuries and Personal Injuries?
For the most part, personal injuries and catastrophic injuries do share their fair share of commonalities. One of them is that damages are done because of a third party’s negligence and that their actions directly cause injuries to another party. However, the severity of catastrophic injuries is greater than those of personal injuries.
These are some of the implications of catastrophic injuries:
- Need for complex evidence: The extent and depth of the provided evidence you need for catastrophic injuries is more extensive. One of the traits that describe catastrophic injuries is the active involvement of experts in medicine, who are the ones that ponder the life the patient can lead once they fully recover from the event.
- Compensation is harder to determine: Given that these injuries do not only affect present times but also shape the outcome of the future. More often than not, the injury compromises the person’s well-being meaning that the future demands being compensated as well.
- Losses are more extensive: From treatment to legal fees, the economic impact on those that suffer catastrophic injuries is far greater than on those that do not. Therefore, this also needs to be weighed in when a verdict is to be determined.
Different Types of Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries
Given that the areas that catastrophic injuries affect are so numerous, you can claim several forms of compensation for catastrophic injuries. These are some of them:
- Medical expenses: All resulting expenses from injury recovery must be compensated. Physical therapy, hospital and ambulance fees, rehab, and other forms of care, are all eligible for claiming monetary compensation.
- Property damage: If you have suffered a catastrophic injury, and there was also property of yours affected in the case, you shall receive compensation either for repair or replacement costs of any sort for occasioned damage.
- Income loss: If you suffer a catastrophic injury and are rendered unable to work, this compensation materializes. Whether it be for missed work, or job loss altogether, this remuneration applies.
- Earning capacity loss: This is closely tied to the previous item. If after a catastrophic injury you cannot earn the same income as you used to, earning capacity loss compensations can be called for.
Hire Our Services Today
At Ganim Legal P.C., these are some of the services we offer:
- Intensive study of the case
- Legal counseling
- Catastrophic injury claims
- Catastrophic injury settlements
- Claim for compensation for injuries and long-term disabilities
We understand what is at stake for you. We, Attorney Paul Ganim and associates, take the matter into our own hands and solve your issues expeditiously, guarding for your best personal interests. Schedule your free consultation today.