About the Firm
At Ganim Legal, P.C. we understand what is at stake for our clients. Under the direction of Attorney Paul Ganim, our law firms focuses on effective legal solutions. But we know is more than just a a legal matter. It also can involve your well-being, your future and your loved ones. While your main priority is always to find the best possible results for your unique circumstances, we also focus on friendly and supportive services to help you weather the storm.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR YOU?
hat means that one in 20 workers in the United States that year suffered some sort of injury or illness in the workplace.
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics also showed that there were over 5,000 workplace fatalities in 2005 in the United States, and more than 20 percent of those fatalities occurred within the construction context. What does this mean? It means that the workplace can be dangerous, and that if you are injured in the workplace, you should be ready to fight for your rights. Paul J. Ganim and the attorneys and staff at Ganim Legal, P.C., have been representing clients who have suffered injuries and illnesses in the workplace for over 90 years, and are ready and willing to listen to your situation.
Large companies have insurance carriers backing them, and insurance companies have teams of attorneys whose job is to limit their liability as much as possible. This is a very intricate area of law with state, and sometimes even federal, guidelines coming into play.
Proceeding without an attorney would be a highly and unreasonably risky venture. Therefore, you need to make sure that you don’t let too much time pass before your ability to bring a claim to court is prevented by law.
AREAS OF CRIMINAL LAW
Driving under the influence
Motor vehicle violations
Our law firm will protect your rights throughout the legal process. From the moment you are contacted by a law enforcement agency through bond hearings, arraignment, pretrials and trial — we are there to defend you.
If you have been contacted by any law enforcement agency, or if you have been arrested, you do not have to, nor should you, talk to the police without your lawyer being present.
Protect your rights and contact Ganim Legal, P.C., immediately. We are experienced in representing clients throughout the state of Connecticut.
THE PROBATE PROCESS IN CONNECTICUT
HELPING YOU NAVIGATE PROBATE AND ESTATE ADMINISTRATION
As your legal counsel, we will help you at each stage of the probate process. If you are an estate executor, we will help you understand your fiduciary duties. If you are a beneficiary, we can help you understand your inheritance rights.
TEN REASONS YOU NEED A PROBATE LAWYER
- A probate attorney can help you draft your will. While you might be tempted to use a DIY will, it makes more sense to have your Last Will and Testament drafted by a professional, like Paul Ganim. That’s the best way to ensure that it does what you need, while reducing the chance that a court will declare your document invalid when you pass away.
- Lawyers can help to minimize family conflict. Probate can be a time of great conflict in families, especially when the terms of a will are less favorable than some heirs might wish. Paul Ganim can help to reduce these tensions and facilitate a smoother probate process for everyone involved in the settling of the estate.
- A Lawyer can help to protect the estate against legal claim. Legal claims against estates occur more frequently than many people realize. From creditor claims to will contests, the probate process can be a magnet for those seeking to gain advantage from the death of a testator. When you hire Paul Ganim, you can gain the protection you need to ensure that the decedent’s wishes are properly respected.
- Lawyers can sometimes expedite probate. The probate process can sometimes get bogged down in details, especially when the estate settlement is being managed by an inexperienced executor with little financial or legal knowledge. While attorneys don’t have any magic formula that can suddenly bring probate to a conclusion, they can be an invaluable aid for reducing the impact of all the many obstacles that may present themselves during the process.
- Lawyers can help answer your probate questions. Whether you’re an executor or an heir with an interest in the process, Paul Ganim can help to get your questions answered. The fact is that probate can be a confusing time for everyone involved, and that confusion is magnified by the raw emotion that the death of a loved one always evokes. Paul Ganim can help to ensure that you understand the process and know what to expect.
- An attorney can help with court filings and technical details. Executors have many different responsibilities to fulfill, and many of those duties include important court filings that facilitate different aspects of the process. While you can draft those documents yourself, the stress of just losing a loved one might make that task something you’d prefer to avoid. Paul Ganim can also help to ensure that you understand some of the finer technical points during probate, so that you don’t make needless mistakes.
- Attorneys help to ensure that debts are properly paid. Executors sometimes struggle with the debt settlement part of the probate process and may even cause unnecessary delays by being overly cautious. That’s understandable, since no executor wants to release inheritances only to see creditors come in later with unsettled debts that need to be addressed. There are specific timelines for these processes, though, and Paul Ganim can help to ensure that you don’t delay one day longer than the law requires.
- Lawyers can help with specific specialty needs. There’s more to settling an estate than just settling debts and passing out bequests. There are a host of processes that can require specialized skills. Assets sometimes need to be appraised. An accurate accounting of probate activities needs to be prepared, including financial transactions. Various legal issues arise during many probate processes. Paul Ganim can help you to get the help you need to resolve these issues with a minimum of stress and fuss.
- An attorney can help an executor protect his interests. If you’re an executor, then you also need to understand that your personal interests could be at risk if you make an error that results in losses for the beneficiaries. Yes, there have been instances in which executor errors have resulted in legal action from heirs. Though having an attorney cannot guarantee that no disgruntled heirs will sue you, it can help to ensure that you make sound decisions that limit the potential for mistakes that could place your personal wealth at risk
- The probate lawyer can help to relieve stress and simplify the process. Let’s face it; when a loved one dies, the last thing that any of us want to do is go through a complicated and drawn-out legal process to settle the estate. It’s necessary, though, since debts must be settled, and assets must be passed on. The good news is that you don’t have to endure that stress on your own, or deal with the complexities without professional help.
Purchasing real estate is a major investment. For many people, it is the most considerable investment of their lifetime. Whether you are buying a house or developing an industrial space, the process involves a number of complex steps. Considering the high financial stakes and complicated process involved in purchasing or developing real estate, it is imperative that you have a knowledgeable lawyer by your side to ensure that the transaction goes smoothly.
At Paul J. Ganim law firm, our expert attorneys are well-versed in real estate transactions. With over 20 years of experience, Ganim Legal has facilitated countless real estate transactions including home buying, refinancing, and selling of both private and commercial properties. We are proud to support and provide legal advice to our neighbors in the surrounding communities of Fairfield, Westport, Stratford, Norwalk, and Trumbull, Connecticut. Our goal is to make the transfer of sale as simple, straightforward, and cost-effective as possible.
WHY SHOULD I HIRE A REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY?
Because buying property is a major expense, you may feel inclined to cut costs by avoiding lawyer fees. However, passing on legal advice may just end up costing you more long-term. Real estate attorneys act as a liaison between buyers, sellers, and lenders to ensure that contracts are upheld and all conditions are agreed upon, mitigating any unforeseen disputes.
Some of the several factors to consider when procuring property or making a home purchase include documentation and contracts, land inspection, boundary disputes, proper zoning, building permits, leasing agreements, title agreements, and more. Any one of these may cause unforeseen challenges and legal issues in the future, causing a dream to turn into a nightmare.
A real estate lawyer will guide you through the process and advocate for you every step of the way, confirming that deeds are transferred accordingly, the title is valid, and that all closing documents are completed to your understanding.
WHY PAUL GANIM LEGAL?
Our team of lawyers represents both property owners and prospective buyers. Working with both sides — from drafting to reviewing contracts — our attorneys understand all of the legal matters within the real estate process. For prospective buyers, our services range from reviewing and negotiating purchase agreements, settling contract disputes, and ensuring the smooth transfer of property. We specialize in facilitating inspections, drafting and reviewing title agreements, and municipal search to ensure that there are no issues such as building or zoning violations, blights, liens, or easements.
Our lawyers can also assist you in securing a home loan or mortgage. Over the years, the firm has developed a close relationship with several mortgage companies and banks including Chase, Bank of America, and People’s Bank, and can guarantee that your mortgage or loan is approved.
Call Paul J. Ganim Legal at 203-908-3100 to schedule a consultation today.
Family law issues are some of the most important matters you will ever have to address. They can affect your children, your financial stability, your safety and/or your future. With so much at stake, it can be incredibly stressful to navigate the legal process. That’s where an experienced lawyer can help.
EXPERIENCED COUNSEL FOR YOUR
IMPORTANT LEGAL ISSUES.
THE ROAD TO RESOLUTION IN FAMILY LAW.
Attorney Paul Ganim has nearly 25 years of legal experience in Connecticut. He has helped hundreds of family law clients find resolution to important issues, even when they couldn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Our law firm is able to resolve many family law issues through negotiation and/or mediation. This can save our clients the stress and cost associated with a trial. However, when your spouse or child’s other parent is being unreasonable or adversarial, we are fully prepared to take your matter to court. Our team is made up of aggressive litigators who are highly respected for their trial work.
Regardless of the route your matter takes, we have the ability to obtain results you can live with. As your counsel, our goal is to help you move past these legal issues as soon as possible so you can move forward to a better life.
HURT IN AN ACCIDENT? WE CAN HELP.
WHEN SERIOUS INJURIES CHANGE YOUR LIFE,
YOU NEED LEGAL COUNSEL.
Following the chaos of an accident or event that left you in severe pain, you need to make key decisions. First, you should seek medical care to get the treatment you need. From there, our legal council will determine who’s negligence caused your injuries and who should pay for our lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering you sustained.
Compensation often goes beyond money for medical treatment, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Catastrophic injury claims must account for long-term, if not permanent needs of accident victims, not to mention their family members providing around-the-clock care.
The Road To Legal Resolution
If you need an attorney, it likely means you are facing difficult life event. Perhaps a family member has died and you need help probating the estate. Maybe you have been injured in a serious accident. Or you could be facing the end of a marriage. Regardless of your specific legal issue, the most important decision you need to make is whom to hire as your lawyer.
Because Judge Ganim is a sitting judge, while he’s able to handle virtually everything in probate court-leveling proceedings, the only thing he is unable to personally attend are events in a probate court setting, In that case, another attorney from the firm would handle that portion of the hearing.