Understanding Your Right to Inherit
Your ability to inherit property depends on different factors, such as your relationship to the person who passed away and whether you were mentioned in their will. When you work with Attorney Paul Ganim, he will take the time to explain your position, inform you about what you are entitled to, and advise you on the necessary steps for distributing assets. As a Connecticut inheritance rights lawyer, he can also help you understand matters related to:
- Inheritance rights based on a will or trust
- Inheritance rights when a family member dies without a will (called Intestate Succession)
- Inheritance rights in blended families
- How real estate is distributed
- How personal property is distributed
- The time frame for distributing assets
- Inheritance rights and claims of abandonment
Get the Information You Need. Contact Us Today
We are here to help you understand your inheritance rights, answer any questions you may have, and guide you through the probate process. To get started, contact Ganim Legal, P.C. today at 203-908-3100.
Please note that Attorney Paul Ganim is also an elected Probate Judge in Bridgeport, a position he has held for over 16 years. Due to this role, he cannot represent clients in the Bridgeport Probate Court. However, we can refer you to other legal counsel who can assist you. Our law firm does represent clients in all other probate courts in Connecticut, including Fairfield, New Haven, Stamford, Norwalk, Trumbull, Westport, Easton, Monroe, Wilton, and Redding.